• A Study on the Anchorage of Reinforcing Bars in Reinforced Concrete Deep Beams.
• The Generalized Finite Element Method with Global-Local Enrichment Functions.
• B.s., Seoul National University, Korea, 1994-1998.
• M.S., Seoul National University, Korea, 1998-2000.
• Ph.D., University of lllinois at Urbana-Champaign, US, 2003-2009.
Technical Review Services
• Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering.
• KSCE - Journal of Civil Engineering.
• Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedecine.
• Development of a new finite element algorithm based on the partition of unity concept.
• Finite element modeling for the analysis of fiber reinforced composite materials.
• Blast and impact analysis on special building structures.
• Parallelization of simulation tools.
• Nonlinear computational machanics of structural concrete.
• Design and analysis of R/C structures using Strut-And-Tie Modeling.
Awards and Fellowships
• Best Teaching Award, College of Engineering, Kyung Hee University, 2012.
• KUSCO (Korea-U.S. Cooperation Center) - KSEA (Korea-American Scientists and Engineers Association) fellowship Graduate Students in the US, Raleigh, NC, 2009.
• Student travel award, 10th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics, Columbus, OH, 2009.
• Student travel award, 9th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics, San Francisco, CA, 2007.
• C.P. Siess Award for Travel Grant, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of lllinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2006.
• Study Abroad Fellowship, Korea Science and Engineering Foundation, 2003-2005.